Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Senior Show (Craft, Sculpture, KI, Painting)


Overall I thought the MFA Thesis Exhibition of Crafts and Kinetic Imaging was fantastic. I actually liked it a lot better than the Photo/Film/Interior Design one, which is odd for me. This piece to the left was by Jacki Walthers. I enjoyed this piece simply because of it's excellent craftsmanship. It was also visually interesting, made awesome shadows, and has really nice texture on the outside.


This piece to the right was made by Andrew Volpe. I liked this piece, first and foremost because of the vibrant colors that really draw you into the piece. I also really like the tessalations feel. It's been a long time since I've seen an effective tessellations piece and I really enjoyed this one.










Meg Roberts had a few pieces in the show that I really loved. This first piece was amazing because of how interactive it was. Everyone walking by was drawn to it and there was a diagram on the wall telling you how to act around the project, so people were constantly following the instruction panel.

This was another piece I really enjoyed. This was made by Meghan Resler. This whole piece was made by teabags. I don't have much to say about it, except that it's very creative and well-crafted. There were actually a number of other piece from the show that I really enjoyed, but this selection of photos and writings sums up the show pretty well.




3 comments:

  1. Rachel, this is good but you might want to double check the nature of the show. I don't believe it is an MFA thesis show. Perhaps undergrad senior show? Double check this and fix please. Also you have two photos overlapping? ;) It is always a good thing to go back and fix thing as someone else may be reading this and become confused.
    Otherwise this is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well the photos overlapping just fixed itself. Must have been browser problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that comment, I reread the show information, it was their senior show not thesis show, sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete