Monday, April 13, 2009

Artist Statement

At this point in my photography career, I don't think I really have any idea what I want to focus on. I know my style is commercial and I think I could work well with a newspaper of advertising firm shooting commercial photos for articles or ads. I really enjoy shooting sports photography as well which also reflects my commercial style when looking for a crisp, action photo. My work also tends to be close in, tightly cropped shots. These characteristics show my personal style, but as of now that's all I have as far as a personal artist statement.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, take what you have an rework it so that "you don't know," and make it more positive, like you are open to a variety of styles, or paths because of this particular point in your life....I'm sure it can be said better than this. Also I like your last half, try and think about how the commercial and sports opportunities may benifit from you close/cropped style. What is it that you are looking for or want to achieve when you look for these types of shots? Is it personality? Details? Is it design? These things will get you moving in the right direction. Make sense. You don't have to be sure of what you want to focus on yet, but just keep tabs on yourself, you will.
    Hassan

    ReplyDelete