Thursday, April 16, 2009

Anderson Gallery: Student Juried Show

I went to see the Anderson Gallery's Student Show a few days ago with Amber and Morgan. To be honest, it was only decent in my opinion. It was a lot of AFO work that looked like AFO work. I feel hypocritical when I have to critique piece that were mostly craft and sculpture considering I have zero skills in those departments, but most of the piece just didn't seem to interest me.

There were a few pieces I enjoyed that I quietly took pictures of while no one was looking (The Anderson Gallery workers have been clear to me in the past that I should put my camera away.)

I really enjoyed this photo piece. It showed the texture of smells. The pictures were all creative and compositionally intersting.



This is Amber's piece. Not only do I like it, but I'm totally biased. So I won't talk about it, I'll just post the picture :) Yay Amber, Congrats.













I also really liked this piece. It was simple, creative, and just visually intersting. I don't have much more to say about it than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment